29 May 2011

Ghost Town


Lüneburg, Germany.
May 2011.


Title of this blog post taken from an instrumental track by Bill Frisell. The first title that came to my mind was "Darkness On The Edge Of Town", but I've already used it twice (#1; #2).

This coming week me and the two friends with whom I'll drive around France will get together. We'll make some changes to the route - more than 5000 kilometres in less than two weeks seems like too much time spent on the road and too little time spent hiking. The goal is to reduce the route to 4000 kilometres.

Have a great day.


- Dom

6 comments:

Babzy.B said...

I think you've taken a good decision, you need time to discover the place you 'll go through , nice to see you keep Besançon on your list, which is not a ghost town ;)

Dom said...

I do think Besancon will stay on the list - we'll make changes to the route through the West of France, and most likely we won't visit Bruges and Dunkerque... I'll post an update later this week.

donnie said...

great pic - formidable structure :))

Dom said...

Cheers!

Brooke said...

Nice bridge :) I'm listening to the instrumental while reading your blogs. It adds to the whole feel of everything you write very nicely.

And I think that's a good idea. Although it is quite incredible to drive such distances, I would want to be able to spend more time in each place that I really wanted to visit. Really learn it, live it, and explore it.

Dom said...

Exactly... We did get together, made some changes to the route, talked about some new ideas, and we believe we'll get much more out of the route now.