21 December 2010

Crazy Heart

Maschen, Germany.
December 2010.

The marshalling yard in Maschen is another one of those places I've visited more than once.

Listening to music while driving through what I would call "industrial landscapes" at night has been my way to relax ever since I got my driving licence.


Your body aches
Playing your guitar, sweating out the hate
The days and nights all feel the same

Whiskey has been
A thorn in your side and it doesn't forget
The highway that calls your heart inside

Your lover's warm kiss
It's too damn far from your fingertips
You are the man that ruined her world


(Jeff Bridges - The Weary Kind)


The temperature has hit -10° Celsius two nights ago. Thanks to the lovely weather over the last couple days, I'm not too disappointed not to be in Scotland right now... I think I'll get up early tomorrow and catch the sunrise.

Today's the first day I've got internet at my new place, so I'm still busy trying to catch up with what's happened during the past couple weeks. Two websites that never fail to amaze me feature a lovely series of photographs and a very short, but very beautiful film.

For another recent picture, check out this blog post.


Have a great evening.


- Dom

4 comments:

Brooke said...

very nice photos as usual :) the lyrics i love a lot. and looking through the pictures of polar bears, i was instantly reminded as to why they're one of my favorite animals <3 the music in that short little film too for of the northern lights was absolutely breathtaking

Dom said...

Glad you love everything in this blog post! Yeah, polar bears are one of my favourite animals too.

donnie said...

the snow adds to the futuristic glow :)

Dom said...

Thanks, Donnie!