23 September 2011

Badlands


Avignon, France.
September 2011.


On the third day of our trip, we'd arrived on a campsite close to Avignon, where we stayed that night. The next morning, we explored Avignon before we got back into the car to continue our journey around the Provence region.

Later that same day, we passed by the most dramatic view we'd seen on the trip so far: A village called Gordes.


Gordes, France.
September 2011.




Blog post title taken from the song of the same name by Bruce Springsteen... because today is Boss Day!

5 comments:

Sy said...

lovely pictures as always

Brooke said...

omg!! gorgeous! I love the angle of the 2nd pic and that last one is absolutely stunning... omg...

Mandy said...

I'm so sorry to leave so many comments but I'm loving your series on France! I'll peruse the rest in silence. :)
I really like these photos, especially the first one. I never thought of France as a road trip country but I'm starting to appreciate how easy that would be from London!
Is the proper way to refer to it The Provence or Le Provence? I thought it was just Provence (but I honestly wouldn't know for sure).

Dom said...

Don't be - I love reading your comments! Thanks very much for the compliments, I'm glad you like what you see. I don't know either - that's why I refer to it as "the Provence region"! ;-)

AB said...

I love the textures and tones in the first shot.