18 July 2012

This Hard Land


Hey there mister can you tell me
What happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason, sir
As to why they've never grown
They've just blown around from town to town
Back out on these fields
Where they fall from my hand
Back into the dirt of this hard land

Now even the rain it don't come round
Don't come round here no more
And the only sound at night's the wind
Slammin' the back porch door
Yeah it stirs you up like it wants to blow you down
Twistin' and churnin' up the sand
Leavin' all them scarecrows lyin' facedown
In the dirt of this hard land

(Bruce Springsteen - This Hard Land)


Picture taken near Kayenta, AZ.
June 2009.


7 comments:

Mandy said...

One day I will drive across America and see things like this! I want to see the mountains and deserts and rivers and towns.

T. Becque said...

Ok, so I want to know why I haven't heard of Kayenta before?! How could this be? I've lived here my whole life! Trust an Englishman to teach an American a thing or two :)

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh that picture shows very much a hard land! makes me feel exhausted just to look at it.

Dom said...

Mandy:
I'm looking forward to your pictures!!!

Trisha:
Actually, I'm not that surprised - thanks to blogs such as Mandy's blog "Emm in London" (she is from South Africa) I have learnt things about London I didn't know before. In turn, I have found out things about Hamburg and discovered places that some of my new friends who've spent their whole lives in this city hadn't known about before they saw my pictures. Sometimes, travelers help us look at our hometown / country from a new perspective.

Jenny:
Hahaha... can you imagine how exhausted I was? It was really, really hot.

T. Becque said...

Re. to your comment: very true.

Unknown said...

Love the work of erosion. Wonderful shot!

Dom said...

Thank you!