26 August 2010

Nightswimming

Gotta be at work at half past seven tomorrow. I went to bed early but couldn't sleep so I decided to upload another recent picture.

We're gonna expand the excavation site to almost double its previous size tomorrow. Everytime the driver of the excavator empties the bucket, we'll use the metal detector to search for metals such as bronze and iron. Pottery won't be detected, so what we don't see will be lost. I'm looking forward to that.


Hamburg, Germany. 
A beautiful, warm summer night.



Nightswimming, remembering that night
September's coming soon
I'm pining for the moon
And what if there were two
Side by side in orbit
Around the fairest sun?

You, I thought I knew you
You, I cannot judge
You, I thought you knew me
This one laughing quietly
Underneath my breath
Nightswimming

(Berry / Buck / Mills / Stipe)


Nightswimming is not only my favourite R.E.M. song, but one of my favourite songs of all time. Beautiful songwriting, piano playing, and singing. 

This evening, I found out that Christmas is coming early this year... November 16th, that is.

Goodnight!


- Dom

10 comments:

rockmetoharmony said...

Waah i read this yesterday in facebook! I'm so excited! It's gonna be.. sooo goooood.

Well, it is a shame that many of my age listen to Springsteen. I grew up with his music. His music has helped me through so much, specially during the teen years.
He never lets you down, you know.

I wish you a great weekend, and thanks for the links! :)

Dom said...

Same here... always a great inspiration in good days and bad days...

Thank you very much, have a nice weekend too!

rockmetoharmony said...

Oh, shoot, i meant that it's a shame that lots of youngsters don't listen to springsteen, sorry :p

Yeah, he's amazing in every way.

Thanks :)

Dom said...

I knew you wanted to say that :-) Although it would've been cool if there was a place in Sweden where everyone listened to the Boss.

Definitely! :-)

You're welcome.

Anonymous said...

das blau ist klasse ...
ich muss jetzt doch mal nach dem Herrn Springsteen in you tube schauen ... :-)...

Dom said...

Danke :-) Heute regnet es schon wieder den ganzen Tag lang; ich bezweifle, dass ich so schnell wieder zum fotografieren kommen werde, jedenfalls nicht bei schönem Wetter.

AB said...

It seems the Hamburgers like their harbours colourful!

Dom said...

AB: The harbour was illuminated blue only for that day... there were lots of people around, and a lot of ships too. Must've been some festival or something.

rockmetoharmony said...

Yeah.. Like, Springsteen bar :D

No, I haven't been there, I haven't been to USA. The only countries I've been to is Spain and Sweden, haha...
But when I'm rich, I will go.

Definitely.

Dom said...

You gotta go, most definitely!