18 August 2010

Radio Nowhere



I was tryin' to find my way home
But all I heard was a drone
Bouncing off a satellite 
Crushing the last lone American night

(Bruce Springsteen)




Somewhere 10 miles out of Lüneburg, Germany.
August 2010.
250 seconds; F/10; ISO 800



The Beatles arrived in Hamburg 50 years plus one day ago. They played at different venues such as the Star Club for a couple years before finally moving back to Liverpool and becoming the superstars they're known for. Those first years most have been very exciting because back in those days, Hamburg was the place to be and the so-called Reeperbahn was probably one of the most dangerous places in Europe.


Goodnight.

- Dom

4 comments:

donnie said...

time travelling in words and image :))

Anonymous said...

Das Foto ist klasse ... mir gefällt der Helligkeitsverlauf und die Farben !!!

Brooke said...

My heart melted a little bit when I saw this picture <3

Dom said...

Aww thanks so much Brooke :-)