15 October 2011

Quelqun'un m'a dit


Friars Lane, Richmond, UK.
Medium format. 2007.




I'm told that fate makes fun of us,
that it gives us nothing 
and promises everything

When happiness seems to be within our reach,
we reach out and find ourselves like fools.

Yet someone told me...


That you still loved me.

Someone told me
that you still loved me.

Well, could that be possible?

(Carla Bruni - Quelqun'un m'a dit)




Near the Marlborough, Richmond, UK.
Medium format. 2007.




The photographs were taken in England, but the title of this blog post is the title of a wonderful French song. Last month's trip around Southern France introduced me to some great music.
After beating both England and Wales (in the quarter final and semi final, respectively), the French national team will be facing the All Blacks in the final of this year's Rugby World Cup (23rd of October). 

Have a nice weekend.


- Dom

4 comments:

moi said...

haha you do that! i would do to if i wouldn't work tomorrow..

and if i wouldn't had to work now, i would light up some candles, make some tea and watch movies that suits perfectly with the weather outside, which is a bit rainy, a bit windy and cloudy. i love autumn!

and thank you, once again! :)
have fun tonight!

T. Becque said...

Love the window shot, I have a window shot today too (great minds...) :)

Jenny Woolf said...

The second image looks weirdly American, can't quite put my finger on why - and even though it's in UK! :)

Dom said...

Moa: Thank you! I had a great night indeed. Didn't find a high quality version of the movie on the internet though... I'll get it on DVD soon.

Trisha: Thank you! Glad you like the picture.

Jenny: It does? Does it remind you of any picture taken by an American photographer or a scene from a Hollywood movie?