08 October 2011

Shelter


Colmar, France.
September 2011.


It's been a rainy morning, so I spent a few hours listening to music, drinking tea, and editing more photographs taken in France. 
France is far too beautiful to spend even a single day of your holidays on the beach. I've never been the lazy kind of traveller and neither are my friends, so we spent the better part of six days on the road, and the other two days hiking. There's so much to see. Look at the gorgeous half-timber work in this picture. Another thing we liked about the towns and villages along the Route des Vins d'Alsace were the flowers... the French sure know how to decorate their houses.  

Blog post title taken from this wonderful song by Ray LaMontagne.

1 comment:

James said...

Nice shot of a beautiful place! I want to go to Colmar someday.

"France is far too beautiful to spend even a single day of your holidays by the beach." I totally agree!